The Emergency Care Unit is a walk-in service. The Government Levy of €100 will apply for attending.
Exemptions from the government levy fee:
- If you have a GP referral letter.
- Medical Card holders (proof of current card is required).
- Members of the defence forces and their dependants (letter of proof required).
- Persons receiving services in respect of prescribed infectious diseases.
- Temporary visitors to Ireland from another EU Country on presentation of an EHIC Card are entitled to healthcare services as a public patient without charge.
You can pay your government levy fee in the following way
There are a number of ways to pay your Patient Invoice.
1) Pay Online - click this link to pay hospital bill
To use online payments you will need:-
a) Patients Hospital Number which is shown on the invoice
b) Patients Date of Birth
c) Credit/Debit Card details
2) Credit / Debit Cards on the 24 Hour Phone Line Telephone Number: 1890 917 001
3) Credit / Debit Card Payments are accepted on (01) 414 3697 between 10am and 12:30pm Monday to Friday
4) Cheque made payable to Tallaght University Hospital – Please put the patients hospital number and invoice number on the back of the cheque
5) Postal / Money Order made payable to Tallaght University Hospital. Please put the patients hospital number and invoice number on the back of the postal / money order
6) At the Patient Accounts Cash Office which is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm. You can also email AR@tuh.ie if you have any questions about your hospital bill.