Urgent Care Centre Initial Opening Hours 09:00 - 17:00 Mon - Fri
Outpatient DepartmentOpen 08:00 - 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cyber Attack updates for families attending CHI at Connolly
- All routine outpatient appointments are cancelled and this includes phlebotomy and radiology.
- All fracture trauma clinics are open.If you have a scheduled fracture clinic appointment in CHI at Connolly please contact 01 640 7645 (9am - 4pm Monday - Friday) in advance and attend on the day of the appointment.
- Urgent care is open - 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Outpatients 8am - 6pm Monday – Friday A member of the CHI at Connolly team will be in contact regarding a new appointment.
- Thank you for your support and patience during this time.
Visitor restrictions for families during Level 5 restrictions
To protect our patients and staff only 1 nominated parent / guardian can be with their child at any time.
Parents/guardians can alternate who stays with their child at any time.
Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, are a close contact or are awaiting a Covid-19 swab result.
Parents/guardians will be provided with medical-grade face masks upon arrival which must be worn at all times.
Children’s Health Ireland (CHI) at Connolly in Blanchardstown is a new paediatric healthcare service. It is part of the new model of care for children’s health services in Ireland... providing care as close to the patient's home as is clinically appropriate.
This new facility includes Outpatients Clinics and Urgent Care services which is staffed by specialist paediatric staff, including nurses, doctors and health care professionals from the children’s hospitals in Dublin.
We treat children with minor injuries and illnesses that are not life-threatening and do not require a visit to the Emergency Department (ED).
Urgent Care Centre
Some children may present to the Urgent Care Centre with an illness or injury that requires investigations or treatment which is not available in our Urgent Care Centre. These children will be redirected to an Emergency Department in one of the Children’s Hospitals which will ensure that they receive the appropriate medical care.
We treat children aged 0 - eve of their 16th birthday.
Here are some examples of minor injuries and minor illnesses that we treat and don't treat.
What We Treat
- Sprains, strains and broken bones
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Minor burns and scalds
- Fever in babies older than 12 weeks old
- Small cuts and injuries
- Mild asthma
What We Don't Treat
- Serious head, back and neck injuries
- Severe stomach or chest pain
- Severe burns
- Fever in babies less than 12 weeks old
- Severe trouble breathing
- Mental health concerns
During the initial opening phase we will deliver outpatient services at Connolly, which are, General Paediatrics (general clinics, condition specific clinics, rapid access clinic, GP Hotline) and Trauma Orthopaedics (fracture clinic).
News See all news
Phlebotomy Service (Blood tests)
Welcome to our Phlebotomy Clinic. You can book, change or cancel a blood test online via SwiftQueue. We look forward to seeing you in CHI at Connolly.