Your child may have been referred to our Outpatient Department for a specialist opinion by your family doctor (GP).
Doctors and other healthcare professionals typically see patients in a treatment room, like the ones at your local GP surgery. Your child may be sent for other tests during your appointment, e.g. x-ray, blood test etc.
During the initial opening phase, a number of specialties will deliver outpatient services at Connolly, these are, General Paediatrics (general clinics, condition specific clinics, rapid access clinic) and Trauma Orthopaedics (fracture clinic).
Specialty services available from our Outpatient Department include General Paediatrics and Trauma Orthopaedics (Fracture clinic).
About Your Appointment
- Please check in to your Outpatient appointment 30 minutes before your child’s appointment time.
- Please check in at the patient kiosks. You may use the patient's name and date of birth.
- Your child will be called to the relevant clinic at the appropriate time.
- You will see relevant members of the team during your appointment.
- If you have any questions about your or consultation or follow up care, please ask the team during your visit.
What To Bring With You
- Your child’s appointment letter or any additional documentation.
- A list of the medicines your child is taking. This includes any over the counter medicines or herbal supplements.
- Your GP’s name and contact details.
- A list of questions that you may wish to ask the Doctor or team, at your appointment.
Change or cancel your appointment
Our outpatient’s clinics are very busy and there are often other patients waiting for appointments. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible - we may be able to offer this appointment to another child who needs it.
- If you accept an outpatient clinic appointment for your child, please make sure that you attend.
- Call us as soon as possible if you need to change or cancel your appointment- Check your appointment letter for contact information.
Our Outpatient Services
General Paediatrics (general clinics, condition specific clinics, rapid access clinic and GP hotline)
Orthopaedics (Trauma/fracture clinic)