Terms and Conditions
Access to www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly and its use is governed by the Terms and Conditions set out below. These Terms and Conditions are important and are for your protection and that of CHI (Children’s Health Ireland) at Connolly.
Please take the time to read them carefully. By proceeding further, you will be deemed to have accepted them.
- CHI at Connolly’s website (www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly) is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the website, you accept that your use of the website and any information on the site, will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any dispute arises from your use of the website or any of the information on it, you agree to allow such dispute to be heard in the Irish courts.
- CHI at Connolly retains all rights (including but not limited to, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and any other intellectual property rights) in all versions of this website.
- CHI at Connolly reserves the right to make changes to the information, design and services provided in the website without notice and without liability. Every effort will be made to advise of changes in advance.
- CHI at Connolly reserves the right to add, amend or vary the terms of this agreement by publishing notice of such changes on its website and the continued use of the service will signify your acceptance of the changes.
- In the event of and in your transmitting material to CHI at Connolly using this website, CHI at Connolly has no responsibility for the accuracy, veracity and completeness of same and for any errors in the manner of its input.
- CHI at Connolly will not be liable for the use or misuse of this function.
- CHI at Connolly makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for users to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. CHI at Connolly cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material off this website.
- Note: personal details volunteered through any forms on the site is treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in strict accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
- Registered users of this website should note that data collected during competitions may be retained for statistical purposes and subsequently may be used in the formulation of future competitions.
- CHI at Connolly reserves the right to at any time, and without liability, modify, suspend, or discontinue www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connollyor any materials (or any part or specification thereof), with or without notice, for any valid technical, operational or commercial reasons.
Personal and Non-commercial use limitations
www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly is for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or service found on or obtained from the site; provided that you may download, reproduce, and retransmit www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connollysolely for non-commercial purposes. With the exception of the foregoing limited authorisation, no license or right in any copyright of www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly or any other party is granted or conferred to you.
The website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
Your use of this website is at your own risk. In no event shall www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly, its agents, representatives or licensors be liable for any loss, injury or damages, direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from, or in any way connected to, the use of this website.
Information, in each case regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort, strict liability, or those other theories of liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or consequential or incidental damages, so portions of the above-referenced exclusions may not directly apply to you. You hereby waive any and all claims against www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly its agents, representatives or licensors arising out of your use of the website or any other www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly information.
No unlawful or prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the website, you warrant to www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly that you will not use the website for a purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
The contents of www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly are provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about CHI at Connolly. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information/material contained on www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly, CHI at Connolly assumes no responsibility for and gives no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up to date nature of the information provided on the website and does not accept any liability whatsoever arising from any errors or omissions.
For www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly, CHI at Connolly follows guidelines on accessibility set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
In designing this site, we have attempted to meet the WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 requirements (success criteria) and techniques.
Making text bigger
Usually you will be able to increase the size of the text on web pages as follows:
- pressing the Control key [Ctrl] at the same time as plus (+) to make it bigger
- pressing the Control key [Ctrl] at the same time as minus (-) to make it smaller
- for Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, select Text size from the View menu
- for hold the Control key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse
- or hold the Control key and use the ‘+’ symbol to increase the text size.
Settings on an iPhone or iPad
If you use an iPhone or iPad to access the internet you can change the zoom settings to make it easier for you as follows;
- go to Settings > General > Accessibility and enable Zoom
- double-tap with three fingers to zoom the entire screen of your iPhone/iPod/iPad
- to move around, either hold three fingers on the screen and drag to show different parts of the screen, or hold one finger along the edge of the screen to pan
- if you need to zoom in more, double-tap with three fingers and drag up or down
- to zoom back out, double-tap again with three fingers
- You can also configure the ‘home button’ to turn on zoom when you triple-click it.
A ‘breadcrumb’ link is available at the top of each page to help you navigate.
We aim to ensure that all content and decorative images on this site include descriptive ALT attributes. ALT titles are provided to explain the content or the purpose of the image in question.
All jobs/ careers related visits and traffic to www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly is now re-directed to CHI.jobs (since May 2019). Many of the recruitment campaign publications on CHI.jobs are available in PDF format to enable easier reading and printing offline. This format is not always readily accessible to people with disabilities. Because of this, most documents are provided with synopses that go some way to providing an alternative format to the PDF documents. CHI at Connolly is working towards making its PDFs fully accessible.
To read PDF documents, you need to have Adobe Reader on your computer.
Download Adobe Reader (https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/)
Maintaining accessibilityCHI at Connolly is committed to maintaining and monitoring accessibility on www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly